Friday 2 September 2011

Attacking the back movement drill



A little reminder of some of the key points to this month's topic that we just started.

Notice in the drill that even though Helen is constantly moving she never loses control, she always has some weight on me.

When she goes right around the back she clamps her knees onto my hips so she always keeps pressure on.

Take note how she exploits the gap between my knee and my elbow to establish grips.

Also note that every time she goes towards my head her hip always drops so that my head is forced down making it very difficult to sit through or pull guard.

The headstand into hooks works great for me (ask anyone who I have used my new back game on) as it is very difficult top stop the hooks coming in but more on that in the weeks to come.

Even though I am 47.24% heavier than Helen she makes the rolls possible because of the pressure she puts onto my head and neck. Forget hooks and stuff, if you have their neck they are going with you.

Even if you don’t have a partner to practice on you can still do the drill, use a gym ball or even just on the floor yourself, Jiu Jitsu is movement so practice, practice, practice.

No comments: